I have been reading a stockpile about raw food and a lot of Raw Food books. Saw some pie recipes and was intrigued. Since it is Winter and I love apples I decided to try a Raw apple pie. And I am gleefully surprised.
Apple Raspberry Pie Recipe ( raw)
Crust:2 cups pecans
1 cup walnuts
¾ cup pitted and packed, medjool dates
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients until they become crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a 9” pie plate.
Filling:2 cups raspberries
6 medium sized apples, separated
½ cup pitted and packed, medjool dates
¼ cup raisins
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Sprinkle the raspberries over the pie crust.2. Peel and core all apples.
3. In a food processor, puree 2 of the apples, and remaining ingredients, until smooth. Pour this mixture into a bowl.
4. Chop the other 4 apples into large chunks and then process into small chunks in a food processor, making sure NOT to puree it into applesauce! Add to the puree.
5. Spread this filling into the pie crust.
6. Top with the remaining pie crust, sprinkling it over the tip like crumble.
*******Is a Raw Food Cookbook a "cookbook?"*****