Saturday, February 18, 2012

She Takes My Breath Away



Sometimes it's just because of her beauty.  Inside plus out.  Her long hair together with her eyelashes.  Her loving heart and caring spirit.  I just stare at her.  In awe at how she has grown right in from of my eyes.

Sometimes it's because of hyperventilation after she wakes me in the middle of the night with screaming.  Scaring me.  Crying and losing her breath as I try taking full inhalations for her to preserve her calm state.  But inside I'm gasping too, worried.

Sometimes it's from anxiety.  Concern about her growing older.  About preschool.  About her being gone from me.  Twice a week.  I try to breathe in and out, try to control it, try not to lose my breath.  Trying to hold my composure.

Sometimes it is just from realizing the incredible blessing she is.  She's ours.  She's this little blessing from above but she's ours.

 It takes my breath from me.  All of this takes my breath away.

1 comment:

  1. You are blessed to have such a little love in your life, and heart!

    ReplyDelete