Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Coin Counting

  My Skyley spent the morning learning the names of the coins and their worth. 

{One uses this wonderful book: 26 letters and 99 cents by Tana Hoban.}


The other uses a worksheet I drew using a circle template.


Skyley loved feeling the weight of the coins in her hands and matching them to the worksheet.  She also did well at sorting them during clean up.

 


After working with the coins, Skyley chose to draw with a pencil.  I demonstrated for her how to use the eraser.  When she discovered it, I could see the concentration in her face.  She learned a lot today, just by using a pencil, paper and her own creativity.






For more Coin Counting education, visit the post, Counting coins game! *FREEBIE* by ABC and 123.  I love it when I'm on the same wavelengths as fellow bloggers.


No comments:

Post a Comment